May 17 Funk Zone Art Walk™ - Free Community Event
Updated: May 9, 2019
Friday, May 17, 2019 5pm-8pm
Please join us on Friday, May 17th 5pm-8pm for the Funk Zone Art Walk™, coordinated by The Arts Fund, in partnership with VOICE Magazine.
The Arts Fund started the Funk Zone Art Walk over 5 years ago to highlight the neighborhood’s vibrant artistic community and support local businesses. The Funk Zone Art Walk occurs on the 3rd Friday of every other month. Visit artsfundsb.org for more information.
On Friday, May 17th, artist studios, galleries, and art-centric venues open their doors to the public from 5-8pm, making it the ideal opportunity to casually experience the Funk Zone’s art scene.
At any given venue, visitors can expect events such as exhibition openings, artist receptions, open studios, insightful art lectures or demonstrations, live music and performances, pop-up artist booths, beer and wine tastings, and various other interactive activities.
1) The Arts Fund Community Gallery 205-C Santa Barbara Street “The Long Game” Curated by Charles Donelan Featuring Works By Claudia Borfiga, Inga Guzyte, Barbara Parmet and Blakeney Sanford
2) MichaelKate Interiors and Art Gallery 132 Santa Barbara Street “Motility” Brad Nack, Tom Post, Rick Doehring, Douglas DaFoe
3) Marlyn Daggett Art Studio 111-C1 Santa Barbara Street “Nothing’s Shocking” New expressive and figurative oil paintings in various sizes
4) Studio One Eleven 111- Santa Barbara Street The Arts Fund’s Teen Arts Mentorship Program “Self-Expression Through Painting” Class Preview
5) Karen Lehrer Studio 111-A1 Santa Barbara Street Works on paper & paintings New 2019 paintings on paper
6) Topa Topa Brewing Co. 120 Santa Barbara St. Art Pop Up A collection of local artists will be selling their work in our taproom and we are also having Nyrus spin music that evening!
7) Mason Street Studios 121-A East Mason Street Works by Emily Morrill
8) Colorfield Arts Studio 120 Gray Avenue Contemporary/minimalist works
9) Funk Factory 208 gray ave. “Psyche & the 4th Estate” Our latest Interactive Art Experience
10) GONE GALLERY 219 Gray Avenue “One Famous Hole” New visual and audio works by One Famous Hole
11) GraySpace Gallery 219 Gray Ave. “Mixed Messages” Ruth Ellen Hoag & Friends Celebrate Re-Opening Exhibit
12) Seaside Makers Collective Local Art 209 Anacapa Street Showing Alana Clumeck Original Painting and Meadow Rose Photography - Wood Art Meet & Greet our Seaside Maker Artists
13) LOVEWORN/Vacqueros 11 Anacapa St “Rodeo of the Arts” Featuring Wallace and special Guest Pedro de la Cruz New Spring Punk Couture arrivals at LOVEWORN boutique
14) Figueroa Mountain 137 Anacapa St. Suite E & F “Social Splatter Art!” Sip, Splatter, Socialize
15) The Blue Door 4 E. Yanonali St "The Hear of Montecito" Paula Re’s Reflections on the 2018 Montecito Debris Flows